Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Jumping back on the HORSE

I finally got to play some poker last night. I logged onto Full Tilt Poker around 7:30 or so. I was only going to play for a couple of hours, so I figured I'd try a little no limit, then on to razz or stud.

I found a pretty soft $25 NL table, and doubled my buy-in in about 45 minutes. I was able to get pocket K's to hold up and drew to a flush that got my opponent all-in. I still don't know if I'm concentrating enough on "tells" for online players. I did make mental notes about who played more hands and who would fold on a decent bet though, so at least I was making progress there. I must have gotten some of the ADHD genes that run in my family because I tend to find myself watching tv while playing instead of concentrating fully on the game.

I moved on to razz. I usually play an hour of razz, then switch to stud (or vice versa) but the stud tables were full. I only play the $.25/$.50 right now, so I'm usually very limited in choice. I saw Spaceman on the table - well actually, he saw me. *lol* I'd played on tables with him before, but sometimes it's hard to tell if you know the person. In my case, Al made sure that there was no question who I was. We had some good conversation and good cards. We went heads up in a couple of hands, but mostly we preyed of the other players at the table.

(I wanted to ask about Charlie, but I didn't want to bring up a sensitive subject. I'm still rooting for ya Charlie!)

After 2.5 hours (and a movie - Girl Next Door), I was up $35 and I decided it's time for bed. Tonight, we have the Boathouse's freeroll.

I'll talk more about this tomorrow, but... can you believe that the place where Al has had at least a dozen tournaments and brought in hundreds of people would go out and hire someone else instead of Al to run their freerolls? Yeah, don't get me started...

Wish me luck! I will hopefully have something good to report tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joanada said...

Gl and kick some ass!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

True ADHD'rs play each leg of H.O.R.S.E. all at the same time :)

Have pain medication nearby though.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home