Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Best and Worst Hand

Pocket 6s were my best and worst hand last night. I was playing a $25 NL table on Full Tilt Poker last night. First hand at the table, I get pocket 6s. I raise to $.75 and I get a few callers. I flop a 6 on a rainbow board with an ace. I bet $1.50, about 3/4 of the pot and get one caller. On the turn which brings a 10, I bet $3.25 and then realize the other guy only has $2.50 in front of him. He folds for my first pot. We go around twice and play only one more hand in that time. Then, I get pocket 6s again. Guy in front of me raises to $1, and I put him on two high cards. We get one more caller, and the flop comes out 367 rainbow. He goes all in for $5, and I call. The guy behind me goes in for another $5 or so, and I call, putting the guy on a higher pocket pair who wants everyone out before any higher cards come out. I was right about the higher pocket pair - 7s. No help and I lose. Damn.

My bankroll on FTP was down to about $20, so instead of going to bed like I should have, I decide to play for a couple more minutes. I put the last of my money on another table. I fold several hands and then get QJs in LP. I raise to $1 and get 2 callers. Flop comes 7QJ, with 2 spades. I bet out the pot and only one caller. Turn comes, a rag. I go in for $7, and the guy goes all in. I'm guessing high spade flush draw, which was correct. I call. The 4 of spades that came on the river killed me. Damn, damn.

Not my night.

In the past, I figured my biggest problem was not being able to read people online. Tonight, I was amazed to find that I was actually getting decent reads. I'm hoping it's not just a fluke. I just wish I'd had the luck of the cards to start pushing more chips my way tonight.

Al's ordering some more poker books, and I've got a few that I want to get. I'm ashamed to say that I've only read parts of SuperSystem, and I'm way behind on the poker studying curve. I hope to remedy that soon so I can come back and tell everyone about the huge wins I plan to start posting. Come on, baby needs a mortgage payment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home