Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A good night for some Willy

Since my 6 year old nephew is visiting, it's a little hard to go to the bar. The Boathouse has another event booked downstairs tonight, so they're not having a freeroll there anyways. Instead, we're going to head to the IMAX theatre to watch "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". I loved the original, but whoever wrote the story was definitely on crack.

I've heard mixed reviews on this movie, but the guy I share an office with says that it's worth it for the squirrel scene alone. He has a sick sense of humor, so I'm not 100% sure what that means. If they follow much of the original story, there will be plenty of opportunities to use the latest special effects. I'd hate to have it be a movie that ignores the story just to use the latest illusions.

As long as my nephew doesn't talk through the entire movie, this should be a whole lot of fun! I'll give a review tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger peacecorn said...

So what did you think? I was kind of disappointed.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home