Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I guess I should put up some sort of poker related post...

Online poker has not been kind to me lately. Neither has the freeroll at the Boathouse. I'd lost quite a bit of my buy-in on FTP, and I'm working on making it back. Slow process. I don't feel like my plays were the cause of my bankroll drop - I played good poker, but I just had second best hand every time.

Luckily, the tourney at the Boathouse is free. Out in 12th last night. The play that knocked me out was one of those 50/50 hands. I had pocket 10s and was one before the button. I had a decent amount, but blinds were getting up there and there were some pretty big stacks at the table. I raise all-in for T100. The guy on the button said he called, but didn't realize how much I'd had. Since he said he called, he put in the money. It was a race between AQ and 10s. He got an A on the turn, and I lost the race. It didn't make me feel any better, but the guy said that if he knew how much I was putting in, he would've folded.

My tournament play is passable, but definitely not as good as I need to be. I tried a couple of MTTs and was knocked out about mid-field both times. I'd done well in the SNGs on Pacific Poker, but I hate their GUI. I might try a couple of SNGs on FTP this week, now that I'm single until Friday. Maybe I'll curl up with a good poker book and see if I can't learn anything.

I've also been invited out by BigMike and my friend Danielle while Al's gone. Maybe I'll have some more interesting stories to share on that front, too. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

Hang in there...and yes, getting the bankroll up there takes some time...it sucks.

11:15 AM  
Blogger StB said...

If your hubby doesn't have it already, the Harrington book is as good as everyone says it is.

Read it.

Yeah, having second best against bad players always sucks.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home