Friday, July 08, 2005

Recollections from Last Night

I curse Danielle. Not because I was up late last night. Not because I didn't get much sleep. Not because I have a slight hangover this morning. I curse Danielle because I'm dealing with these things alone! Normally, I call Danielle at work and we commiserate and somehow I make it through the day knowing that I'm not the only one. Danielle's on vacation this week. Damn her! I'm sure she's sleeping right now... I think it's time for a heavily sweetened ultra-strong coffee from the Starbucks-style place in our building.

Last night was fairly uneventful. They have karaoke at the bar on Thursdays, and somehow I always end up singing. This is not a good thing. When I've been drinking, I think I can sing. To some degree, I can. Not well enough to be amplified so everyone can hear. This is the true essence of karaoke. It's a way to amuse and torture your fellow drinkers at the same time...

I've also found that I may have a new addiction - video golf. One of the guys got me playing it last night. I think I played for about an hour and a half. I really liked it... I'm definitely not good at it though. My best score for 18 holes was +21 or so. I'd only ever played once before, and I was on a team where my parter told me everything to do, so it didn't have the same appeal. This time, I was completely on my own! I had some good shots, I had some 4 putts. I'm sure I'll get better.

There's a group of guys that always come to the bar on Thursdays, and we used to hang out with them on a regular basis. They're fun to hang out with, but here's the problem. One of the guys continually tries to get me to sleep with him. I can handle myself around the guy and it's never become a problem, but I can't understand why he keeps doing it. He knows I'm married, and he's married with two kids. At first I thought he was just joking around, but I really think he's serious. One night, I was sitting and talking to him and he starting hinting about sleeping with him again. I looked him in the eye and asked, "What's wrong with your wife?" He has a beautiful wife that he says he loves very much. (His friends agree that his wife is attactive and a great person.) He says that there's nothing wrong, and he just wants to sleep with me. It just doesn't make sense. Male point of view on this one?

I get to pick up Al at the airport tonight. Jerk. At least I got to play some poker while he was gone. Before I went out with Danielle last night, I played a quick single table SNG. My first hand, I was dealt pocket As. Second hand, pocket Js. I didn't take anybody out, but I went up quickly. Less than 15 hands later, I had another set of As. By this point, nobody would get into a hand with me. Then, I had a bad streak of icy cards and had a bunch of second-best hands. My last hand ended up being a pocket pair/2 over coin flip and I lost. It will be fun to see where the SNGs take me (and my bankroll).

Maybe I'll see some of you on the tables! You can't miss me on FTP - MrsCantHang. (Can you tell Al set up the account?) Until then...

5 Comments:

Blogger Easycure said...

The guy is an idiot.

This married guy would much rather just flirt with you but never push it too far. A little flirting is OK (and fun), but messing around with other people's lives (that would be the spouses and kids) is not cool at all.

Tell Al we all said hi.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Asking once is flirting, continuing to do it is being a jerk.

Sounds like he needs a cold beer shower.

8:52 AM  
Blogger The Bracelet said...

The guy has no class. It's part of the male curse that a guy can't help but think of sex constantly, but most guys have a large enough mental capacity to understand the difference between flirting (which is fine) and stepping over the line. (which isn't cool)

Most guys will probably think they'd like to sleep with you, and only a select few scumbags are the types that would attempt to go through with it when you, he, or both you and he are married.

This guy is one of those select few scumbags.

Of course, he probably gets laid more than I do...

12:00 PM  
Blogger BadBlood said...

The guy is all talk. Play a joke on him and pretend you're interested. He'll cower and chicken out in the end.

Still kinda jerky though.

10:02 PM  
Blogger StB said...

I don't know drizz. A beer shower is letting him off easy. On the other hand, a good ass kicking...

Back away from the Golden Tee!!!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home