Thursday, July 07, 2005

SNGs are good!

I played 3 SNGs last night on FTP. Small ones - $5.50 buy-in. I think I might have to stick with these for a while. Out of the three, I made money on two. One first place finish, one second place finish. I went out on the bubble in the third when AKo went up against pocket Ks. I made $19.50, after all was said and done.

This might be a good way to fix up the bankroll and practice my tournament play. I never did pick up the book last night though.

I made a mistake while signing up and ended up in a limit tournament when I thought it was no limit. (This was the one I placed first in.) I didn't think it would ever end. I did unintentionally suck out on someone though. One guy had pocket 7s, and I had Q8c. Flop came out 878, and I kept betting. I'd seen this guy play complete crap before, and I didn't think he had pocket 7s. I caught my Q on the river. He proceeded to curse at me and tell me how stupid I was. I guess I'm growing donkey ears. Oh well. Other people had seen him play crap and wouldn't give him any slack, so he ended up going out next. Too bad, so sad, bye-bye. :-)

Still one more night of uninterrupted poker if I want it. I may just call Danielle and see if she wants to go out instead. Her boyfriend was very sick on Sunday morning, and he just thought it was a hangover. Looks like it might be Lyme's disease, so they're not able to go on the road trip they were planning for this week. I wouldn't be a good friend if I didn't take her out and keep her spirits up.

Wish me luck, regardless of which activity I end up with tonight!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think people overlook the profitablity of limit SnGs and MTT due to the length of time it takes to play them.

In my opinion, limit tourneys give a better chance to the better players since generally one suckout hand does not knock you out from the tourney.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home