Monday, August 08, 2005

Happy Monday!

Is there such a thing? Probably not.... unless you're on vacation or that's the day you get paid. Otherwise, you drag through it like me. Just counting down the days to vacation and getting paid.

I wasn't able to play poker with Aunt Sarah this weekend. We always finished working after she'd gone to bed. (She likes to lay down around 7:30 or 8 PM.) We had to postpone what I was sure was going to be a good game.

I did get to watch a friend play some poker online, and he helped to give me an idea of how to read the players better. Every time he made a decision, he explained why he made the action he did and I got to see the outcome of each decision. Sometimes it was just luck or he'd be playing a rush (which I really don't seem to ever get), but I think I learned how to deal with online players a little better. He's one of the aggressive people that I have the most problems against, so I got to pick his brain a little about why he does what he does. I also picked up a couple of tricks for winning hands that I normally have to lay down. He was playing on Ultimate Bet and I usually play on Full Tilt, but just getting the general tips helped. I'm not just playing my own cards anymore. It's time to start playing the player.

I'm going to try putting some of those skills to use tonight. We need to take a run down to the new house to see if we have wiring and plumbing yet (woo-hoo!), but I want to try to get a few hands in. Here's to putting a few new skills to use...

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Remember if you're at my table and I raise, I'M JUST BLUFFING!

That or I mis-clicked due the fat cat swating at my mouse using hand.

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck with putting your new skills to work, i also play at fulltilt quite a bit and these new skills will definitely come in handy for ya. You can check out my poker blog at
http://www.burnandturn.com

8:11 AM  
Blogger Joanada said...

Best advice I ever learned...
Play at a low limit table (where you are comfortable losing a bit of money) and place tape over your cards. Play strictly on position and how the other players act. Once you let go of obsessing over your cards (not saying you do, but you know what I mean), you will see the other aspects of the game much clearer.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home