Tuesday, August 16, 2005

In a rut

I usually have some sort of post on Mondays, but I figured that nobody could stomach another description of a weekend that sounds like the last 4 weekends I've had. I go to PA redneck central (not to be confused with the Redneck Riviera) and drink, clean a dead woman's house, and hang out with Big Mike's relatives. All the weekends are starting to run together for me. If they're so unmemorable for me, they can't be that exciting for everyone else...

Planning for this weekend and Bradoween is just about done. Got flights, car, hotel... still working on an "outfit". It will be something appropriate for the requirements of the party. Does anyone have a pair of Doc Martin's that I could borrow? :-) I promise that by the end of the night, regardless of my outfit, I will be offensive to the neighborhood association. lol

I've played a little poker on Full Tilt over the last few days. I haven't seen any real improvement in my game at all. If anything, I really think I'm getting worse. Al got what he needed elsewhere and never placed the order for some of the poker books that I wanted. I can't blame him though. I still have Super/System and Sklansky's Theory of Poker here to read. I haven't had time to pick up a book in weeks, months even. Maybe I'll just move to the $.05/$.10 limit HE and bleed away my money more slowly until I can work on my game.

More Boathouse poker tonight. If I get cards like I've been getting on Full Tilt, I might as well sit with Al and Big Mike so at least decent players can have my chips. I may come back tomorrow and say that I won and it was amazing, but I highly doubt it.

Until that time, here's a little something that I'm sure will probably occur this weekend....

WHEN GIRLS DRINK TOO MUCH:

1. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHERE MY PURSE IS.

2. I BELIEVE THAT DANCING WITH MY ARMS OVERHEAD AND WIGGLING MY BUTT WHILE YELLING "WOO-HOO!" IS TRULY THE SEXIEST DANCE MOVE AROUND.

3. I'VE SUDDENLY DECIDED I WANT TO KICK SOMEONE'S ASS AND HONESTLY BELIEVE I COULD DO IT TOO.

4. IN MY LAST TRIP TO PEE, I REALIZE I NOW LOOK MORE LIKE A HOMELESS
HOOKER THAN THE GODDESS I WAS JUST FOUR HOURS AGO.

5. I DROP MY 3:00 A.M. SUBMARINE SANDWICH ON THE FLOOR (WHICH I'M EATING
EVEN THOUGH I'M NOT THE LEAST BIT HUNGRY), PICK IT UP AND CARRY ON EATING IT.

6. I START CRYING AND TELLING EVERYONE I SEE THAT I LOVE THEM SOOOOO
MUCH.

7. I GET EXTREMELY EXCITED AND JUMP UP AND DOWN EVERY TIME A NEW SONG
PLAYS BECAUSE "OH MY GOD! I LOVE THIS SONG!"

8. I'VE FOUND A DEEPER/SPIRITUAL SIDE TO THE GEEK SITTING NEXT TO ME.

9. THE MAN I'M FLIRTING WITH USED TO BE MY 5TH GRADE TEACHER.

10. THE URGE TO TAKE OFF ARTICLES OF CLOTHING, STAND ON A TABLE AND SING OR DANCE BECOMES STRANGELY OVERWHELMING.

11. MY EYES JUST DON'T SEEM TO WANT TO STAY OPEN ON THEIR OWN SO I KEEP
THEM HALF CLOSED AND THINK IT LOOKS EXOTICALLY SEXY.

12. I'VE SUDDENLY TAKEN UP SMOKING AND BECOME REALLY GOOD AT IT.

13. I YELL AT THE BARTENDER, WHO (I THINK) CHEATED ME BY GIVING ME JUST
LEMONADE, BUT THAT'S JUST BECAUSE I CAN NO LONGER TASTE THE GIN.

14. I THINK I'M IN BED, BUT MY PILLOW FEELS STRANGELY LIKE THE KITCHEN
FLOOR

15. I START EVERY CONVERSATION WITH A BOOMING, "DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY BUT..."

16. I FAIL TO NOTICE THAT THE TOILET LID'S DOWN WHEN I SIT ON IT.

17. MY HUGS BEGIN TO RESEMBLE WRESTLING TAKE-DOWN MOVES.

18. I'M TIRED SO I JUST SIT ON THE FLOOR (WHEREVER I HAPPEN TO BE
STANDING) AND TAKE A QUICK NAP.

19. I BEGIN LEAVING THE BUTTONS OPEN ON MY BUTTON FLY PANTS TO CUT DOWN ON
THE TIME I'M IN THE BATHROOM AWAY FROM MY DRINK.

20. I TAKE MY SHOES OFF BECAUSE I BELIEVE IT'S THEIR FAULT THAT I'M
HAVING PROBLEMS WALKING STRAIGHT.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

#3 would describe my sister-in-law. When she gets drunk she'd take on bouncers challenging them to fist fights (she's 5'2").

10:28 AM  
Blogger Joanada said...

lol...it all sounds far too familiar

2:35 AM  
Blogger Pokerwolf said...

Hi, Eva. =)

At a guess, your game is suffering because you're trying to make it better. Two steps forward, one step back and all that.

When someone focuses on an aspect of their game that they want to improve, they don't pay as much attention to the stuff they already know (and they're also learning new stuff so they're trying new things), so their game suffers. It's perfectly normal, although it's annoying as hell.

Good for you for working on your game! Keep it up!

5:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

About poker... if you want to see some inspired bad play, I'll be lurking on FT to get some drawing tickets everyday. Just IM me :)

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home