Monday, September 12, 2005

Happy Monday!

Things still show no signs of slowing around here. (When I wrote that, all I could think of was Willy Wonka in the boat in the psychadelic tunnel... odd thought, but no rowers.) As it was, I had a ton of stuff to do this morning before I could even think of reading a blog or writing a post. I need to make this quick since I still have plenty left to do today...

I finally got Al to go down to my favorite Thursday night bar... on Friday. It was a little quieter than usual, but he got to meet some of the characters that Danielle and I hang out with there. I played a game of golf while Al proceeded to get REALLY drunk. Some of you may have noticed since there were some dial-a-shots that went out. I should never leave my phone on the bar unattended. It was a fun night, but I was a little slow on Saturday. Good day to rest up before football on Sunday.

Before I met Al, I never would have thought about joining a fantasy football league. Even in the first couple years of marriage, I still wanted nothing to do with it. Last year, he encouraged me to give it a try. BG was kind enough to give me a cheat sheet for the first draft, and I'm proud to say that I didn't come in last place. I didn't know what I was doing, but I did it anyways. This year, I printed out my own lists and made my own picks. I thought I had a pretty good team. Culpepper and some of the others proved to me that no matter how well they SHOULD do, they don't. If you don't particularly like a team, have me pick a couple of players from that team. You can watch that team go straight into the toilet! :-)

As long as I don't end up in last place, I'm happy. And it's always good to be happy... :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger peacecorn said...

I'm only sorry I had my phone turned off. Wah!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My wife has been playing in my league for the past three years after barely knowing all the NFL teams.

Now she rushes to the basement to get live FFL scoring updates during commerical breaks on Sunday.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home