Sunday, October 23, 2005

953

Damn, did I suck today on the PokerStars blogger tourney or what? I couldn't catch cards today to save my life. Pocket Js were my best hand and I lost on those. I was able to pick up some chips by stealing blinds, but even min bets when I caught a hand made everyone fold. That's the way you lose a tourney I guess. I lost with flying colors!

After the tourney, I decided to play some cash games at PokerStars. I found a nice little .10/.25 NL table and settled in with $10. At first, people were raising on every hand, but then the limping started. It limped around to me with pocket 8s. I raised and was min re-raised, so I called. Caught an 8 on the flop and got all-in between turn and river. The guy showed pocket As, but it was no match for my trip 8s. I went along with the limping on the next few hands - caught two flushes with 89s and 9Ts and was up to 3x my original buy-in. One of the hecklers across the table starts ripping into me, asking me how I liked being a newbie and how PokerStars takes care of their fish. I made a few comments about how easy it was to tell when someone had a hand, especially with the crap I'd seen played for the last two turns around the table. I ended the conversation with "I have some tissues for your crying if you need 'em :-)". I figured that the guy on tilt would be great for the bankroll, but he left nobody else would play with me. Darn...

I know I said this before, but there probably won't be much more poker until after we close on the house. I just went out this weekend and bought a refrigerator, washer and dryer. $2600 in one shot, but that includes warranties, deliveries and taxes. I found some great stuff at nice prices. A little above what I'd budgeted, but they're good appliances and I hope not to have to replace them within the next 10 years or so. (Did I mention that the washer will hold 30 days of laundry detergent so all I have to do is throw in the clothes and turn it on? Whee!) Closing is Thursday, and appliances get delivered on Saturday. I still need to get the phone, cable and other utilities set up. I have to make sure all my paperwork is in and everyone has what they need. I'm surprisingly not shaking in my slippers right now. I'm sure that I'm going to lose my stomach over the next few days, but I'm too tired to worry about it right now.

Anyone who's willing to come over and give a little help - I pay in booze and home-cooked meals. Hint, hint. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger StB said...

Except for the distance factor, I would have helped. All one needs to do is give free beer and pizza to the movers.

A machine that dispenses it's own detergent. Takes lazy to a new level. Where do I get one?

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home