Thursday, October 27, 2005

It's official!

My hand still has cramps from the number of papers I've signed today. After all that, we officially have a home of our own. We've spent all kinds of money and waited 18 months for the place... but I have to say, it's definitely worth it!

The place is beautiful! All nice and shiny and new... and ours. I wandered around the place today a million times, just looking at things. It's amazing... knowing you spent that much on a place, but it's all worth the pain and suffering. Al's already dreading the reduction in bar time, but....

(It's also nice to know that the value has already gone up 25% upon signing. Thanks to our friend for letting us know about the new construction! If you're ever in the area and need a home, let us know... we have a great real estate agent! Have to give her a little promotion...)

I'm beat. I haven't been sleeping well over the last couple of days. I will sleep well tonight... or at least I'd better. There's all kinds of work to be done over the next few weeks. I'm finding that there are all kinds of personality changes when you buy a house... I visited not one but TWO Home Depots today and enjoyed myself immensely! What is this world coming to?

Man, this is rambling... I need to sleep! I promise to post more - with pictures - when I can function normally again. This may take a while... :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger StB said...

Congrats to you and Al!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Joanada said...

Congrats guys - that is very very cool! :)

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations - when I moved into my house, I threw up the first morning :) But I was happy, very happy :) Enjoy !!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Frankl said...

Congratulations! My best friend is now a first-time home owner. I am so jealous!!!

May your new home be a cozy place for friends to hang.

--Frankl

5:17 PM  
Blogger John G. Hartness said...

Closing on our house was the most traumatic event in our marriage, even more so than my snoring! Congrats to you & Al for getting through the hell that is buying a house - now where are the pictures?!?!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home