Wednesday, October 12, 2005

No poker for you!

I haven't had 10 minutes to play poker since the weekend. I had to go shopping for business casual clothes for my conference next week, and I had a date last night. Yes, the married woman had a date. Before anyone starts to think that I'm crazy, it was a friend that I used to work with and was in my wedding. We've stayed really good friends over the years... and besides, I'm lacking a lot of what he's looking for in a relationship (like a penis). We had a great time, and I got to hang out with my old team. I'm just a little tired today.

After dinner last night, a bunch of us went to another bar to hang out and relax. Of course, the topic always turns to stories of the old times when we were young and stupid. (Now, we're just old and stupid.) We began to reminisce about my time working with them, and my "going away" party was brought up. My date was highly amused because the last shot of Yukon Jack he bought me that night was the one that sent me over the edge and puking on an hour ride home. I got a little payback in last night though. When I went to order another round, I made sure that he got a shot of Yukon Jack, just for old times' sake. I owe him so many more of those...

Tonight is dedicated to the mortgage. Ick. Finishing up the paperwork and working with the mortgage broker to get the final pieces done. I know very little about mortgages, so she's been walking me through every step of the way. She's explained a lot to me about all the different kinds of mortgages there are, but I have a few more questions to clear up before we put the pens to paper. That should be done tonight, and it's one more item off my checklist.

I can't wait until the next 3 weeks are over. The conference and my certification test will be done, the house will be ours, and I can finally relax. Sort of. I'll still be moving stuff in and decorating and the like. I want to get a bunch of painting done the first weekend we move in, but Al thinks I'm crazy. I know that since it's a new construction that there will be nail pops and patching that will need to be done, but I don't think I could live in an all-white painted house for a year. I'll repaint sections as necessary, but I need to make this place mine. Oh yeah, and Al's too. The guys are already working on the plans for the poker tables. He has his priorities and I have mine...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post! Painting? Still! Alright, we shall see. Best to wait, but who am I...

The penis line is hysterical...



BigMike

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home