Friday, November 04, 2005

Languishing....

House moving is in full swing! It's been 5 years since we'd moved, and I'd forgotten just how bad it is. If nothing else, it's the chance I've needed to throw stuff away! I've actually gotten rid of more shoes than I've kept... it's so sad.

Only poker I've played is the freeroll at the Boathouse on Tuesday night. I went into it saying that I was going all in soon, so they'd better watch out. I had two good hands early - JTo that turned into a straight, and pocket Js that made a set on the flop. I went up a pretty good amount, then languished (just like this blog) for the next hour or so. Nothing above a J. Not even an A-little. I'd played some suited connectors, but they didn't pan out.

I'm starting to get low, and my friend Danielle calls - she wants to go out. I get my next hand - QJs. I go all in and take the blinds, which were 5/10 at the time. I laugh and say I'm going all in again on the next hand. I look down to find pocket rockets. PERFECT! I go all in, and just one guy calls me. Imagine the surprise on his face... he had KQo and was just about even with me. I knocked him out and figured I'd play for a little more.

Two hands later, I see pocket 10s. We're down to 5 or 6 people on the table, so I push all-in. Get one caller - BB with pocket Qs. I was ahead after the flop with a set, but the BB made a runner runner straight and I was gone.

It worked out ok though. Danielle and I headed up to a little private social club we just became members of, and drank for the rest of the night for free. Yup, you heard me right. The bartenders wouldn't even charge us for a drink. How could you not like that? I left a $15 tip to say thanks, but I paid for it the next day. As usual.

More moving tonight. More cleaning. More buying of stuff for the house that we need and I didn't think about. More aspirin. Just wake me when it's over....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home