Sunday, November 06, 2005

Sick of boxes!

I couldn't take it any more! I'd had enough... it was a gorgeous day, the temperature was above 70 degrees, and I couldn't stand to be inside anymore. So what did I do? Grab the laptop and head out to the deck for some poker!

I had a great session. I seemed to be able to read most of the players on the table and very rarely was wrong. It didn't mean that I didn't lose a buyin or two, but I turned $10 into almost $50 on one table. I ended up about $30, after all was said and done.

I buckled down and got more work done around the house. After a couple of hours, I decided that it was time for another fresh air break. Back out to the deck with the laptop. I was only able to get onto one .10/.25 NL table, so I figured "what the heck" and scrolled down the list to the .25/.50 NL tables. There happened to be one open, so I bought in for $20. (I've learned that I do better when I don't buy in for the max amount for the table.)

Things were slow at first. Wasn't getting great cards, and those I did missed the flop completely. I dropped to about $13 and thought about just giving up, but if I'm going to try to move up levels, I have to start sometime. I ended up getting pocket 7s, and called a 2x bb raise preflop. The flop comes 733, and life is good. I end up doubling up when someone else has pocket Qs and doesn't catch. I have to wait a little bit for more playable cards and drop down to about $21, then I go back up again when I get some good cards. I wish I could remember the hand better, but I ended up taking out two people when by pocket 10s caught a set and the AK/pocket Qs my two opponents had went down in flames. When all was said and done, I was up $55 for the session on that table.

I felt really comfortable on the tables today. Maybe I just needed a little break from playing (like the time spent moving) to allow the fog to clear. If I have time, I want to try to get two or three more short sessions in this week to see if I'm getting better or today was just an upswing of variance. I'm hoping that I've finally gotten to the point in the learning cycle where I'm making progress again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanada said...

Above 70 degrees?
I am soooooo jealous

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home