Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A little late for Vegas...

I never did share any of the stories about Vegas. I had some poker related stories (like how I lost $200 on my first hand of poker at Mandalay Bay, and won it back from the same guy 3 hands later) and some general all-around-fun stories with some of my favorite bloggers. Most of those stories should stay where they are... hidden away in the nooks and crannies of my brain. I'm sure some of the better stories will come up in future posts.

Christmas is finally done. Between the holidays and the house, I've been stressed beyond belief. I haven't even been able to think in coherent sentences, much less write anything. With the stress of Christmas over now, I'm hoping to get back into the swing of writing again.

I've already gotten back to playing some online poker. I was doing pretty good for a while... started playing over at PokerStars for the first time. I had a few good nights initially and was up about $50, then it seemed like I wasn't able to win a hand since. All my hands were second-best, regardless of what I had. Of course, when I'd get pocket As and the like, everyone would fold pre-flop to a raise that was smaller than most. Not much better playing NL at Full Tilt. I've since switched over to limit Razz for a while... Razz is good. lol

I've also taken up baking. Cookies mostly, but I have stuff for cakes and other baked products. I don't know what the heck has happened to me, but I can't help myself. I went to the store with my sister yesterday and bought a basketful of stuff just to make goodies that I won't even end up eating. I have 4 dozen cookies sitting in my kitchen right now that will end up going to work with Al tomorrow (and would've gone today, but I promised some of them to my sister). If anyone wants cookies, feel free to stop by... :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Shelly said...

I tasted the best recipe tonight for easy "Girl Scout Thin Mint Wannabe" cookies - I couldn't believe it, but it's true: Ritz crackers and melted Andes Candies (those mint-chocolate candy squares they give out at Olive Garden restaurants). Melt the Andes in a double-boiler. Dip the crackers in the chocolate until covered. Lay on wax paper to cool. They were sooooo good! (I'm all about the easy cookies)

10:23 PM  
Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

I think that Al and BigMike will take it upon themselves to eat the cookies after a long night of drinking.

8:31 AM  
Blogger EvieMarie said...

hmmm... will definitely need to try the "cookie" recipe. I love chocolate mint.

I made cookies again last night. Didn't even eat one, but I did get to lick the spoon... :-)

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home