Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Vegas, here we come!

It's the day before we leave for Vegas... I've been looking forward to this all week. I've finished my work early for the day and I'm just counting down the minutes until I can escape. Woo-hoo!

In an attempt to boost my tolerance back up a little bit, I went out with Danielle last night. The night started off great when I got carded to buy cigarettes. At 32, I take that as a HUGE compliment. We went on to the social club and proceeded to drink many beers... and I swear, I was still sober after all of that. The drive is less than a half mile and I can always get a ride, but I ended up having to bring another friend home because he was in no condition to drive. A good warm up.... and we have a vendor happy hour tonight after work. Always good to be prepared.

Along with happy hour, it will be packing and preparing for tomorrow. We get in before 3 PM Vegas time, so there will still be plenty of time for drinking and carousing tomorrow. I just want to make sure I get plenty of sleep... since I won't be seeing much of the inside of my eyelids in Vegas.

I know a lot of people have published info and advice on the upcoming trip, but make sure you check out the writeup by Otis at Up for Poker.... he refers back to Pauly's great advice and adds a bit of his own. Even with this advice, you still won't believe the trip until you actually complete one. Just be prepared to go with the flow and enjoy yourself. It's worth it to keep an open mind... especially when it comes to shots of Tequila. Mmmm...

Here's to seeing old friends again and meeting up with new ones. There are plenty of people that I've talked to that I can't wait to meet... and here's to Girl's Night Out! If we make it back without an arrest, it's a good night. Remember the buddy system though... NEVER LEAVE YOUR WING(WO)MAN!

See you all soon in Vegas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home