Monday, January 16, 2006

I'm not being rude, I promise

I was playing on Full Tilt tonight when I had a couple of bloggers stop by to say hi. They were trying to get onto the Razz table I was playing on, but nobody was going anywhere fast. Surprisingly, there were 2 full tables of .25/.50 limit Razz when I left the table and when I checked back later, a third was on it's way to filling too.

That's not where I'm going with this though. First, someone across the table said hi... then never told me who it was. Then TripJax and Jordan chimed in to let me know they were lurking too. :-) I would've loved to play Razz with them, but I couldn't get anyone already on the table to go away. Plus, once they were watching, every great starting hand I had (like 234) went south quickly (QK on 4th and 5th streets). I gave up and watched TripJax and the mystery person play an sng (which TripJax won - nice) while playing a little low limit NLHE.

I found a nice comfy table and sat down. There's a player next to me with the name meangene11. Of course, we all love MeanGene, but is it THE Mean Gene? I was about to ask when he starts talking to someone else he knew on the table. After a minute or two, I realize it isn't the right one. Last night, there was a joemomma - which is the name of Lewey's friend that we always play poker with. Not the right one either.

I don't want people to think I'm rude if I don't say hi when I sit down, but unless I can figure out from your username (i.e. TripJax) if it's you, I usually wait a couple of minutes to try to get a clue. (Yes, I'll admit I'm usually clueless.) Of course, if you want to say hi to me first, it's always welcome. I mean, Al made sure that nobody was going to miss me. I mean, he gave me MrsCantHang.... Not many people miss that.

Actually, that's fine with me. I love when people say hi. Just don't get upset if I don't say hi to you first.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Drizztdj = Brad Pitt

10:37 AM  
Blogger TripJax said...

TripJax = AssDart

Allgood Eva...I started chatting just hoping you recognized my screename and blog name. Glad I had a chance to briefly chat and glad you were able to rail the sng. i ended up winning 2 in a row!

If I understand correctly, the mystery blogger was GCox from LowLimitGrinder...I'm guessing you have read or currently read him, but just in case here is his link...
http://gcox25.blogspot.com/

Look forward to actually playing at a table with ya in the near future...

7:16 AM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Damn! I'm surprised you even know who I am. I'm flattered, really. I ended up giving up on getting on that table, but I'll keep an eye out for you in the future.

1:46 PM  
Blogger EvieMarie said...

I'm about 6 months behind in updating my links and reading, but I try to at least keep up a working knowledge.

I promise to get that done one of these days. Won't be this weekend though. The Borgata, WSOP, and Blogger Poker are calling...

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home