Thursday, February 23, 2006

So, a funny thing happened to me on the way to the bar....

Well, actually, it didn't. I got to the bar. I ordered a beer. I got paged for work. Definitely NOT funny. Luckily, the Boathouse has wireless and I didn't have to orphan my beer. I just had to run out to my truck for my laptop. Twenty minutes later, my server is fixed, and I'm ordering another beer. Yea!

I played poker for the first time in a while last night. Played a little NLHE, low limits. I was recognized at the table by (what seems to be) a long-time reader. I didn't know I had any.... lol cudd517 was a really cool person, and we started quite the conversation. I feel bad that I never got a banner up for Pauly's coverage of the WPT LA Classic (which I still haven't caught up on - damn work getting in the way), but I pointed a few people there so they could get all the best poker coverage on the net. I made sure to tell everyone how much I sucked... :-)

I got killed with pocket As. Someone caught two pair on the flop and called my all-in post-haste. Oops. I bought back in as Al stopped by to say hi. I blame him. (hehehe) He was at the bar, drinking away while I was curled up in bed (sick as a dog). He was picking at me, telling me that he was getting the suckout switch flipped for me. I told him to make sure that it was flipped so that I wouldn't get sucked out on but I could suck out on other people. Shortly after, I did. I had AQ on a queen-high flop... and ran into pocket Ks. I bet, he raised all-in and I called. The A on the turn gave me the suckout. Thank God for the suckout switch!

I quit shortly after. Not because I was scared though. It was 9:30 and I was beat. I passed out for the evening. No beer involved. Very, VERY disappointing night.

I'm sitting at the bar now. After logging off the work network, I never shut down my laptop. I'm such a geek. I told Al and BigMike that I'd stay as long as my battery lasts or 8:00, whichever is earlier. I'm headed off to drink with Danielle. She's bowling tonight and needs someone to keep her company (i.e. in trouble).

I have my office to myself for one more day. The guy I share it with will be back from vacation on Monday. I'm actually happy about that... I've been having to cover stuff for him for the last week. He didn't expect anything to come up - and I've had 3 requests so far, along with a problematic hmc. (Don't ask, it's a geek thing. If you don't know, it's not worth the explanation because you probably still won't understand. I'm not being condescending, just truthful.) At least I can shut my door and sleep under my desk for one more day. Here's to Friday!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pokerwolf said...

In case Al hasn't mentioned it, I'll be meeting you in person the second weekend in April.

Now, I just have to make sure my liver survives the trip. Gah!

6:15 PM  
Blogger EvieMarie said...

Very cool! I'll be looking forward to it... just make sure you bring plenty of aspirin. :-)

6:32 AM  
Blogger StB said...

Orphaning a beer is such a sad thing to do. I have writeen to Sally Struthers in the past asking her to do commercials to help out these little brewskis.

Thankfully, I do not have to write another one.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home