Thursday, March 09, 2006

Falling off the face of the Earth...

I haven't yet. It just seems like it. Same old whine... too much to do, not enough time to do it. My job has been going nuts - now I have two development teams bugging me for stuff instead of one. We need this environment by Thursday (um, yeah, they mean today)... we want to order new servers... we changed our minds, we only want 2 servers of this type and now we're going to develop on another O/S so we need different servers... we want to upgrade all of the servers to a new version of the O/S, but I've found that it requires a complete server reinstall... can we go from PA-RISC to Itanium processors? Ugh. Of course, I usually do my blogging from work, so I haven't been able to put anything up here.

So, just in case anyone is worried, I'm still alive. I haven't been put into a padded room so I could talk to my toes. I might welcome the vacation at times, but I have my awesome vacation coming up next week. I'll be visiting April in Austin for the South by Southwest Music Festival. I spent time last week downloading a whole bunch of music from the site, so I've been listening to that for the last few days at work. Some good, some just not my style. I'm making a list of bands... I'm SOOOOO going to enjoy this.

I found what I need to get for Al and BigMike for when I'm gone. Without someone to take care of them, they get themselves into all kinds of trouble. I happened to stumble across this news article yesterday:

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - The impulse control disorder drug nalmefene, which has previously been shown to be effective for alcohol dependence, may also be effective for pathological gambling, according to a study.

It's kryptonite for Al and Mike... and probably about 95% of the poker blogging community. lol I hope they don't hear about us and try to use us as guinea pigs!

Well kids, that's about all I have time for. I have to grab lunch before this server build completes or I won't be eating anything until dinner tonight... and I get grumpy when I'm hungry.

3 Comments:

Blogger BigMike said...

The dinner the other night did tast a bit odd. I am feeling strangely like staying in and reading a good book for a few weeks. Bars are so noisy and crowded.

9:57 AM  
Blogger StB said...

I want to see Mike give up drinking too.

10:14 AM  
Blogger EvieMarie said...

Yeah... if I made them quit drinking, I'd have a guilty conscience. I can't imagine putting that many people at the SoCo distillery out of work... I could never live with it!

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home