Friday, March 17, 2006

It's 3 AM, I must be lonely...

Actually, it's 3:30 AM and I'm very happily all by myself (unlike the Matchbox 20 song suggests). All I wanted to do was get up to my room and pass out. I'd had a beer or two (or four or six or...) and I'm beat. It took us almost an hour to get a cab. The guy is EXTREMELY talkative... nice, but talkative. I had to pee. I've had to pee since about 1:45, and it's after 3 AM. He's the Dalai Lama, imparting words of wisdom unto me. I'm ready to pee my pants. Not good. I eventually disentangle myself... it helps that his girlfriend called, and I make my escape.

I run inside (actually, I do the pee-pee shuffle) and hit the button for the elevator. They're not moving. One is sitting on 4, and the other is sitting on 5. I curse loudly and repeatedly. Nothing. I thought about kicking it, but even in the state I'm in I realize it's not going to help. I yell for the desk clerk instead. More cursing.

I give up and find the bathroom right off the lobby. Much better. As I come out, the other girls that were waiting for the elevator call out to me - the elevator's here. They called their friend (they're staying on the 5th floor) to bring the elevator down. Woo-hoo! I don't have to walk all those stairs up to my room on the 4th floor. I get up to my room, unlock the door, and drop everything in my hands onto the floor. It's good until tomorrow. It will still be there.

I must be a geek. One of the first things I do when I get in is check to make sure my laptop is still where I left it. (Always have to worry about housekeeping...) At this point, I decide to vent upon the unsuspecting public. There are much better things to write about - fun stuff, like drunk dials and bands and Heather's free booze. I'll get to that tomorrow. I just had to get this out so I can sleep peacefully. In the middle of my king size bed. It's almost 4 AM, and I miss my teddy bear. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger BigMike said...

Oooo! A King bed. Al just died. I will be down, save me a spot in the king. Is it too late to get a bracelet?

11:01 AM  
Blogger Steven Ford said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a e-Lottery Syndicate blog. It pretty much covers related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home