Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sucking out is the RIGHT thing to do

I haven't been playing much poker. I'll admit it. Its a love/hate relationship with me. I love playing. I hate not being able to get better and show progress. It frustrates me to no end.

The worst part of any poker player's experience is being sucked out on. Come on, we all have those bad beat stories. Even if you're Shannon Elizabeth... and your pocket As get cracked by pocket Js on the river. (Right Pauly? ) Any poker player worth anything will always try to make sure that they never put themselves in a position to be behind in a hand. By doing this, you're always the one who gets sucked out on, not the one doing the sucking out.

This is my biggest frustration. Oh sure, I know that their play will pay off for me in the long run. I want gratification sooner though. So I decided that I needed to do a little sucking out of my own...

I went down to the lowest limit SNG Full Tilt has ($1 + 0.25) to play a little hyper-aggressive poker. I didn't play complete donkey poker but I definitely put myself in more coin toss situations. (BTW, I read somewhere that donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. I believe it.)

It felt so good!! I played 4 of them yesterday. I went out 6th or 7th in two of them... and the other two I placed first! It was +EV, however minor to the bankroll. The truly +EV part of it was knowing that I was the donkey. I needed to be the one sucking out on others, not having them suck out on me. I don't have the Luckbox's skill at being able to suck out at will, but I think I did just fine. I have observed the best. heheheh

Donkey poker was my therapy this weekend. I needed it. I wanted it. I loved it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Ultima said...

Poker is my therapy everyday!

3:07 AM  
Anonymous Dale said...

And for me too. Play poker and watch a good TV show - best pastime.

3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home