Friday, June 30, 2006

Pocket Aces Suck!!

Yes, I've come out of hiding to vent! I guess it's as good a reason as any... :-)

It's 2:15 in the morning... my "nap" ended up being almost 6 hours, so I'm wide awake. In my infinite (???) wisdom, I decide to sit down and play some cards. What the hell am I thinking?? Playing cards at this time on a Friday night...

I've gotten pocket As dealt to me twice. Both times they crashed and burned. HARD. There's no limping with pocket As either. I come out firing... Got killed by 7To the first time, and 97o the second. Both times, I raise to 5x BB. These people still called. Flop comes out Q high both times. Both times, both catch MIDDLE pair with their high card. I bet the size of the pot or above both times. Not little pots considering the number of big blinds in there. And they catch their cards both times. What the hell are they thinking?

I guess I'm the sucker for playing with these people.

On other fronts, everything has been busy. Still playing pool. Won my last 2 matches, so I'm very happy. Won my last shuffleboard league game. Another good thing. All these high-energy sports... LOL I'm turning into a little old lady. Someone grab me my walker!

The rest of my time is usually spent working, looking for a job, or helping out friends. As rough as I feel some days, I have friends who are fighting some pretty tough battles. I feel good when I can help them out a little bit.

Everything is beginning to get overwhelming lately though. Maybe I need a vacation... somewhere warm. I need palm trees, dammit!

3 Comments:

Blogger John G. Hartness said...

There are palm trees in Vegas. And we need you there next weekend!!!!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Joanada said...

I need palm trees too! Lets go find some

8:12 AM  
Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

It was nice meeting you at the blogger event this weekend!! I agree - pocket aces definitely suck!

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home